About Richard and Lindsey
Richard and Lindsey Parker are working in the informal settlement of Langaville, outside Brakpan in Johannesburg, South Africa. They are part of the Siyandlulisa team, meaning “We pass it on” in Zulu (previously known as Rainbows Ministries). This is a ministry of WEC South Africa. www.wec-int.org/sa
The Mission of Siyandlulisa is: To facilitate the equipping of believers in Africa to do God’s work and build up the church in such a way that this work of God is multiplied within communities and beyond.
Richard and Lindsey are working in the following areas:
· Children and Youth ministry including:
- Discipleship training for youth and young adults
- Training for local churches in weekly ministry activities, story telling and camping (at the Siyandlulisa Campsite).
· Training and equipping crèche teachers. This includes running a lending library, where crèche and Sunday school teachers have access to a wide range of books, toys and other teaching resources.
· Mentoring local pastors.
· Assisting local women as they run their own business in embroidery and dressmaking, and facilitating a women’s fellowship group.
Through these ministries, Richard, Lindsey and the Siyandlulisa team aim to share the love of God and His message of hope in Jesus Christ to a poverty-stricken area, greatly affected by HIV/AIDS.
Richard and Lindsey Parker
PO BOX 131324, Northmead, 1511, South Africa