After nearly 14 years of being our minister at North Rocks Community Church, Rev Phil Swain is finishing his time of ministry here and moving to become the new minister at Turramurra Uniting Church. While we are sad about this move, we want to give thanks to God for Phil's ministry and celebrate all that Phil and his family (Marion, Bec, Matt and Megan) have contributed to the life of our church over the past 14 years. Phil has been a key part of our weekly Sunday morning worship and Sunday evening NiteRocks worship. Phil has also shared his creativity in our special worship services such as the Christmas Eve plays, Christmas Day, Easter Services and Preschool services. Many of the young people of North Rocks would know Phil from our Friday night youth groups - especially BUGZ in which he has led for 13 years. Phil has also been involved in playing guitar at our Preschool, teaching religious education at North Rocks Public School and has been highly involved in the North Rocks Carols by Candlelight. But we are especially thankful for the way that Phil has helped people in need, celebrated baptisms and weddings, supported us in hard times and prayed for us at all times. We want to allow the church and local community the opportunity to gather to share their thanks and celebrate with Phil and his family.
We have planned 3 special farewell events which everyone is invited to - from an afternoon tea at the preschool, to a huge ongoing party at our Friday night youth groups and culminating with a special worship service and farewell lunch on Sunday 19th November. All the details are below - with link to Facebook events. We also are planning to give Phil and his family some gifts to show our appreciation. If you would like to contribute, there is a link on this page. For any more information, you can either ring the church office on 96832586 or email Bradon French by clicking here.
. Donation towards Farewell Gift .
A Service of Thanksgiving and Closure of Ministry Worship Service
Sunday 19th November, 10am-12noon. Followed by Lunch
This is our main farewell event for Phil, Marion and Bec, Matt and Megan. We are planning a wonderful time of worship, singing, sharing, reminiscing and celebrating. The first part of the service will be focused worship, singing, an interactive bit for the kids and Phil will preach his last sermon. The second half the service will be more about giving thanks to God for the ministry of Phil and the contribution of the family as we as a community gather to share the love and say our farewells. All of this will be surrounded by a combined worship band and lots of creativity. We would really love everyone who has had a connection with Phil, Marion or the kids to come along and to be part of this special day.
Phil's Final, Fun, Farewell (Youth) Night
- 3pm BUGZ – Farmer Phil (for kids in Preschool, Kindy & Yr 1-2)
- 4pm Special BUGZ Goodbye Afternoon Tea (parents and families invited)
- 5pm Phil’s Fun Games – great for primary school kids
- 5:45 Kids Klub (Yrs 2-5) and P1 (Yr 6) Programs
- 6:30 Community Meal (Pizza & Pasta) – Everyone welcome (including parents and families)
- 7pm Phil’s Farewell Bit
- 7:30 NUDGE reunion – open to all those in highschool and anyone who has ever been to NUDGE before. Great games, retro fun or just chill out together.
- 9:30 The Last Supper – Cake and a huge supper to end the night – Parents welcome.
- 10pm The End .
- If you are normally in BUGZ - come along at 3pm. Parents come along at 4pm for a special afternoon tea and you can even stay for games at 5pm. Click here for Facebook event
- If you are Kids Klub or P1, come early at 5pm for some great Phil games and your normal programs are at 5:45. Parents come back at 6:30 for a free community meal of Pizza and Pasta and stay for the farewell bit at 7pm. Click here for the Facebook Event
- If you are in NUDGE (or ever been at NUDGE), you can come early for dinner & the farewell bit at 6:30pm. NUDGE reunion is an awesome night from 7:30pm and parents come at 9:30pm for the Last Supper.(which will be wrapped up by 10pm). Click here for the Facebook Event
Phil’s Farewell @ the Preschool
Tuesday 14th November. 3-5pm
If you or your children attending our preschool between 2004 and 2017 – you are invited to come along and share a special afternoon tea at the preschool as we thank Phil & Marion for their involvement and wish them all the best for the future. Drop in at preschool for a short time or stay for the whole time. We’d love to see you there.